Wednesday, February 11, 2009

He Does It Again


The album came out several weeks ago. I gave it a good listen. Here is my opinion on Springsteen's new album, Working on a Dream.

Great.

You probably aren't surprised that I like it. I will admit though that it doesn't hit me as much as some of his other more recent albums like The Rising or Magic but it is good. It doesn't hold as much meaning to me at this point in my life because of the point of view and perspective from which the album is written. It is more of a reflection on a long life rather than looking forward to a long life. I don't have his perspective yet so I cannot relate as well. I am sure I will come to appreciate it more as I age.

My favorite tracks on the album, in no particular order are as follows:

The Last Carnival (written for Danny Federici after he died), Tomorrow Never Knows, Kingdom of Days, Life Itself, The Wrestler, This Life, and Surprise, Surprise

Here is a review of the album as well.

The Rock Laureate

No comments: